This enterprise specializing in lighting was established in 1911 under the leadership of Philippe Genet (born in 1882) and Lucien Michon (born in 1887). In 1919, the company was transformed into a workshop for lighting fixtures of art and from then on worked for the national palaces, the Elysee, embassies, and ministries. The firm also collaborated with the major decorators such as Jacques-Emile Ruhlmann, Follot, and Dufrene, and produced chandeliers, sconces, floor lamps, glass frames, and sometimes small pieces of furniture often in the typical style of Art Deco.
Their production was always very refined, most often in bronze of various patinas, and delicately carved.
Cf. P. KJELLBERG, Art Déco, Les maîtres du mobilier, Le décor des paquebots, Ed. de l’Amateur, Paris, 2000, p. 108.