Tetard was founded in 1880 by Edmond Tetard (1860-1901) and specialized in tea services and pieces in the style of Louis XV. It received a gold medal from the Universal Exposition of 1889. In 1901, the Tetard house was taken over by Edmond’s three brothers (Henri, Jacques and Georges) under the name “Tetard Freres.”
Jean Tetard (1907-1980), son of Henri, also designed models for the Tetard Freres atelier. At the International Colonial Exposition of 1931, Tetard Freres attained an exceptional achievement: ten medals were awarded to creators and collaborators of its company.
Cf. Website Les Arts Décoratifs – centre de documentation des musées – Tétard Frères.